domingo, 19 de noviembre de 2023

Reflexive Pronouns.

 Use reflexive pronouns to talk about actions where the subject and the object are the same. Reflexive pronouns are formed by adding the suffixes -self- or -selves- to the pronoun.


- I cut myself making a bagel.

- He cut himself in the kitchen.

- They bandaged themselves after the accident.

- How did you hurt yourself?


You can also use reflexive pronouns to add emphasis. 


- I'm not going to help you. Do it yourself.

- The boss asked to speak to me himself. It was then I knew I was in trouble.



INSISTING

Sometimes when people injure themselves, they don't want others to make a fuss. They might say things like:

- Don't worry. I'm fine.

- It's not that serious. I don't need to see a doctor.

- Honestly, I can take care of myself.


Despite these reassurances, others may still insist on taking action:

- It's company policy that you go to the emergency room.

- I really must insist that you see a doctor.

- Don't be foolish. You have to take care of that.


In the end, the injured person may relent:

- I suppose you're right.

- The boss asked to speak to me himself. It was then I knew I was in trouble.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Destacadas

EF Writing Examples: Hope and Dreams for the Future | English Writing Practice

Subject: Hope and Dreams for the Future From: Anny89 Date: September 5, 2026 Dear Sister, How are you? I haven't written to you for a ...

Populares